HANDS-ON SCIENCE GRANT
Elementary and secondary science teachers in Lake, Geagua, and Ashtabula Counties are eligible to submit grant requests. Grants of up to $500 are available for either an individual teacher or a multiple teacher group project. Teachers may participate in either one individual grant or one group grant each year.
Teacher Information Form (Teacher information is not provided to reviewers of submitted applications)
Online Grant Application (You may want to write the information in Word, save it locally, then copy/paste it into the form.)
- Agree to spend the grant monies as detailed in their Grant Proposal
- Agree to provide PSE details of how grant money was spent
- Agree to create a Project Report describing the success of the project and recommendations for improvement, if applicable
- Agree to attend a Grant Symposium to demonstrate project*
- Agree to provide necessary guidance to ensure the project is completed if personally unable to finish (e.g. transfer, new job, retirement, etc.)
*In December, following the school year in which the grant was awarded, the grant recipient is required to provide a display at the annual PSE Symposium that gives other teachers and those providing funding for the grants an opportunity to see what was accomplished. The display and brief presentation should generally show the hands-on science that was done by the students.